Let Toro help protect where you live and what you own. Get a quote for your home, apartment, and more.

No matter where you live, protecting your belongings is important. That’s why Toro offers a variety of property & casualty insurance policies, all tailored to fit your individual home and property needs.


Protect your home the way it protects you by choosing the property insurance coverage that meets your needs. Get Quote »


Renters insurance can help to cover more than your personal property. It can help to protect you from personal liability, so you can rest easy. Get Quote »


Your condo association may have insurance, but your individual unit has its own coverage needs. Condo insurance protects your personal property and liability. Get Quote »


With a mobile or manufactured home insurance policy, you’ll have peace of mind that your investment won’t go up in smoke. Get Quote »


Protect your property investment with insurance coverage designed for rental property owners. Get Quote »


If you rent your home or rooms in your home through a service provider, you may have a coverage gap. Toro can help fill that coverage gap. Get Quote »


It’s smart to protect against floods, which can happen anytime, anywhere — even if you don’t live in a flood zone. Get Quote »


An Umbrella policy provides comprehensive liability protection designed to cover you above and beyond the limits of your standard policies. Get Quote »


Combine insurance for your car and property to start, then add more policies as needed. You’ll get plenty of discounts for adding cars, motorcycle, boats or more. See how your home and auto bundle can flex for big life events. Or, start now with a home and auto insurance quote. FYI, you can bundle auto with your home, renters, condo or townhouse.
quick quote

Learn what's covered and not covered by home insurance.

Standard home insurance coverage policies provide the following types of coverage, up to the limits outlined in the policies:

Coverage Type


Covers damages to your home

Pays for damage or destruction to your house and any unattached structures and buildings, such as fences, detached garages, and storage sheds.

Personal Property
Covers damage to home contents

Covers the contents of your house, including furniture, clothing and appliances, if they are stolen, damaged, or destroyed.

Covers you against financial loss

Protects you against financial loss if you are sued and found legally responsible for someone else's injury or property damage.

Medical Payments
Covers damages to others

Covers medical bills for people hurt on your property. Medical Payments coverage also pays for some injuries that may happen away from your home, such as if your dog bites someone.

Loss of Use
Covers additional living expenses

Pays for additional living expenses if your home is too damaged to live in during repairs. Most standard home insurance coverage pays 10 to 20 percent of the amount of your dwelling coverage.

You can also purchase the following optional home insurance coverages:

Guaranteed Replacement Cost
Covers total home replacement

Provides the most complete coverage for your home. Your home insurance company requires you to meet specific underwriting rules and conditions to qualify for this coverage. For instance, you may need to increase your home insurance amount on a monthly, quarterly or yearly basis to keep up with the inflation rate.

Inflation Guard Endorsement
Covers adjustments to home insurance limits

Automatically adjusts your home insurance limits during your policy period so they are at 80 percent or more of your home's replacement cost, which is the amount most home insurance companies require you to have. This coverage is beneficial if your home's replacement cost is increasing with inflation.

Scheduled Personal Property Endorsement
Covers possessions

Also called a personal article floater. With this coverage, possessions, including jewelry, furs, stamps, coins, guns, computers, antiques, etc., are covered. Each article is itemized and detailed in the floater, and excluded perils also are outlined. Personal article floaters often do not have deductibles.

Increased Limits on Money and Securities
Covers amounts for money and securities

Increases coverage amounts for money, bank notes, securities, deeds and more.

Secondary Residence Premises Endorsement
Covers a secondary residence

Covers a secondary residence, such as a summer home. Insurance for secondary homes is not automatically provided by the home insurance policy you have for your primary or principal residence, so it's important to consider this endorsement if you own more than one home.

Watercraft Endorsement
Covers expanded liability and medical for watercraft

Expands personal liability and medical payments coverage for small sailboats and outboard motor boats only.

Theft Coverage Protection Endorsement
Covers additional theft protection

If items from your motor vehicle, trailer or watercraft are stolen, theft coverage protection broadens theft coverage without requiring proof of forcible entry.

Credit Card Forgery and Depositors Forgery Coverage Endorsement
Covers credit cards and forgery

Coverage applies if your credit cards are lost, stolen or used without permission, or if someone forges a check, draft, promissory note, etc. Certain restrictions apply and are noted in your home insurance policy.

What is not covered by home insurance? A standard homeowners policy may not protect you from:

Flood, Earthquake, Nuclear Accident and War

To protect against unforeseen and uncontrollable events like these, you can purchase hazard insurance through your home insurance policy.

Windstorm Damage

In certain areas (mostly coastal) of some states, standard home insurance coverage does not cover damage caused by windstorms and hail. Check your policy information to see if windstorm damage is covered in your area.